There’s still a few tickets remaining for PANMA‘s next event. Join these folks on the evening of September 28 to learn all about drones! You’ll be there to hear Edward Pachell of Flying Bronco. I had the great opportunity to hear Edward earlier this spring at PANMA’s Annual Show & Tell event. Later this month, you’ll get to hear even more than I did in his brief lightning introduction to drones with the bonus of a small indoor demo!
According to the organizers you’ll learn:
- Overview of the different types of drones, and which is right for you
- Essential accessories and apps
- What to expect in your first flight
- Basic pre-flight safety checklist guidelines
- Overview of basic flight controls
- Understanding GPS and your drones navigation system
- Review of basic drone camera functions and terms
- Basic rules to follow as a hobbyist in Philly
- Places to fly in Philly for beginners
- How to travel with your drone (on a plane)
- Common misconceptions you will regularly face as a pilot
- Turning your hobby into a source of income & FAA Certification
About the speaker: Edward Pachell is a Philadelphia based UAV (drone) pilot and educator with 5 years of flight experience. Aside from creating content, Edward is heavily involved in education, with highlights such as leading Aerial Cinematography hands-on workshops at the National Association of Broadcasters Show, serving as a teaching assistant at the New York City Drone Film Festival and regularly collaborating with the leading organization in drone safety training, Sundance Media Group.
Drones 101: Essentials for New Pilots in Philly
Thursday, September 28 @ 5:30 p.m. for networking, presentation starts @ 6:00 p.m.
Jon Huntsman Hall, 3730 Walnut Street, Room TBA
This event is FREE but please RSVP on Eventbrite