Last year, Vanessa Valerio started recording a set of stories many of us hear and some of us share: experiences with romance. Valerio found that being single was difficult. She wanted to connect with others and learn from them. How did they find love? Stories have the power to draw people together, especially when they’re already about interpersonal relationships. And so Valerio turned her conversations into the Singleling podcast, which became a series of live shows. This week, L’Etage is the setting for her Philadelphia show.
Valerio hosts a set of local and national performers. This week’s show includes:
- Hillary Rea, producer of Philadelphia’s Tell Me A Story
- Nisse Greenberg, of The Tank
- Mark Pagán, a New York Moth StorySlam winner
- Selena Coppock, who has appeared in Bustle, The New York Times, and “Risk!”
- Erika Ettin, the founder of “A Little Nudge”
Singleling, Storytelling Show
Saturday, July 8 at 7:30 p.m.
@ L’Etage, 625 S 6th St.
$10 tickets are available in advance, or $12 at the door