No matter how old you get, there is something about the words “sleep over” that make everyone turn into a little kid. The thought of staying up most of the night, eating snacks, and having fun with your friends is a timeless delight that anyone can embrace and enjoy.
Of course, it’s infinitely cooler if you can do all of that in a natural history museum after it’s closed where you can hang out with a giant T-rex and have a beer with other, like-minded adults.
So that is exactly what the Academy of Natural Sciences is going to do at their first ever Overnight for Adults on March 7-8. Grab a sleeping bag, pack your pajamas and get ready for a night of fun and science as you get to explore the Academy after dark. The activities include:
- Drinks at the Science Live Bar
- Take behind-the-scenes tours of the Academy
- Encounter live animals like lizards, owls, scorpions, or skunks
- Watch a sci-fi flick at midnight in our auditorium
- Sleep in Dinosaur Hall
- Enjoy hot dinner and hot breakfast (with a mimosa!) courtesy of 12th Street Catering
- Get free full-day admission on Sunday
You have to be 21-years of age or older to attend and the cost is $190 for nonmembers, $165 for members (see, another great reason to become a member of the Academy of Natural Sciences) and more information and a link to buy tickets can be found on their website. Tickets are going fast so if you want to be a part of the Academy’s first Overnight for Adults, you need to move quick.
Who says sleep overs are just for kids? Nobody at the Academy of Natural Sciences, that’s for sure.