Do you like reading? Are you a fan of poets and writers reading their own work in a live setting? Are you looking for any excuse to get out of the house? Then the Fox Chase Reading Series might be just the thing you’re looking for!
Presented by the Fox Chase Review, the Reading Series is a chance to see some of the best and brightest that the literary scene has to offer in their element: performing their own work for a live audience. The Fox Chase Review has announced the participants of the Reading Series for the first half of 2013 and it is a doozy. Just look at this list:
- January 27th – Lester Mobley and Bruce Kramer
- February 24th – James Arthur and Grant Clauser
- March 24th -Frank Wilson and John Timpane
- April 28th – Christine Klocek-Lim and Le Hinton
- May 19th – Leslie Anne Mcilroy and Rosebud Ben-Oni
- June 30th – Stevie Edwards and Richard Okewole
The Fox Chase Reading Series is hosted by G. Emil Reutter and Diane Sahms-Guarnieri and can be found at Ryerss Museum and Library, 7370 Central Avenue in Philadelphia. They all start at 2:00 sharp and are followed by an open reading.
So if spoken word is your thing and you like to watch it being done right, the Fox Chase Reading Series should probably be on your “to do” list for the New Year.
For more information, visit The Fox Chase Review’s official website.