The Philadelphia Geek Awards are officially less than two months away (August 17th!), and we’re thrilled to announce this year’s nominees.
Last year’s ceremony was all about what was new. Best New This. Best New That. After all, the ceremony was a new thing. Now that the awards show is an annual event (sadly we could not nominate ourselves in that category), we wanted to try and encompass more. We listened to your emails and tweets, and hope you like what you see.
We also opened up the categories to take in suggestions for the public. Thanks to you and your passionate emails, we pooled together over 100 pages of nominees. Yes, you heard me. ONE HUNDRED PAGES. Thank you so much.
We’d like to take a moment to thank The Academy of Natural Sciences for hosting us, and thank several of our co-presenters at the ceremony this year, including Technically Philly and Social Media Club: Philly, for helping us find amazing candidates for this year’s show.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll continue to share tidbits from the awards, from special guest presenters to our amazing sponsors. We hope these posts make you as happy as they make us.
Now, without further ado, here are this year’s nominees. For full bios and details on each, visit the Philly Geek Awards website. You can also click the categories below, and they will take you straight to those respective pages.
See you all August 17th!
- Patrick Kerkstra
- Faye Flam
- Derrick Pitts
- Stephanie Alarcon
- Georgia Guthrie
- Dr. Youngmoo Kim
- Dr. Andrew Hicks
- Paul R. Ehrlich
- Nick Murphy’s Angry Birds Trailer
- Leah Kauffman’s Firewall music video
- Philadelphia Opera Company’s Pop Up Opera
- P’unk Ave
- Blue Cadet
- Philadelphia Museum of Art for Zoe Strauss’ Foursquare Campaign
- Red Tettemer & Partners’ Under Armour Finding Undeniable
- NPR’s Fresh Air Presence
- Cipher Prime for Splice
- Final Form Games for Jamestown
- Flyclops for Domino!
- Yis “NoseGo” Goodwin
- Jessie “Ishknits” Hemmons
- Mike Smith
- Rob Kelly (Ace Kilroy)
- Phil Kahn (Guilded Age)
- Bryan J.L. Glass (The Mice Templar)
- Brad Guigar (Evil Inc.)
- Nick Filardi (Powers, Takio)
- Dan O’Connor (Ace Kilroy)
- Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles (Jon Foy)
- Mancation (Frank Vain)
- Alpha Girls (Tony Trov, Johnny Zito)
- Maybe We Can Go to Hollywood (Isaac Williams)
- Women in Tech
- Philly Tech Week
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- Barcamp Philly
- Tristin Hightower
- Gerri Trooskin
- Roz Duffy